Tomorrow’s Thanksgiving are y’all ready? I thought I’d share an easy pecan pie recipe that’s been in my family since I can remember. Although it has to bake for 45 minutes, it mixes up really quick. You can pop it in the oven and work on some more tasty things for Thanksgiving dinner. I’ve also decided to go ahead with the Black Friday pajama party. I’ll tell you more about it a little further down, but right now let’s make some pie!
Mix it Up!
There’s not much to making this pie unless you make your own pie shell, like I do. Make sure you get a deep dish pie shell because it will run out of a regular pie shell. You can use two regular pie shells if you can’t find the deep dish ones. Oh yeah, make sure to remove the wax paper between store bought pie shells. I may or may not have baked one in a pie when I was a teenager and I still hear about it to this day! That’s why I make my own pie shell now! This is the pie crust recipe I use.
Gather all the ingredients. I like to put all my liquids in one measuring cup and the dry ingredients in another. The oatmeal keeps this pie from being too sweet.
Then you just dump it all into a big bowl, mix it up good, and pour it into the pie shell. Super easy!
Pop it in the oven for about 45 minutes. When the center doesn’t jiggle anymore and the crust is brown it’s done!
I have been thinking about this pie for months! My family will be lucky if it makes it to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow! 🙂
Now that I’ve wiped the drool off my face, let’s talk about the pajama party! I’m sure y’all know about Black Friday, which has become an all weekend event. I used to go out and fight the crowd, but it’s just not my jam anymore! Usually I’m at home in my pj’s with some coffee and pie (of course) finding great deals online to avoid the madness. Since I started a blog and all I figured y’all might like to join me. Here’s how that will work:
- I’ll be posting deals from my affiliates – Amazon, Craftsy, Cents of Style, and the newest one, Tiny Prints on my Facebook page starting tomorrow morning.
- I’ll also have a new tab in the menu on the blog for Black Friday, so you can come here to find the deals too!
- Looking for something special? Send me a message on my Facebook page or leave me a comment on the Black Friday page on the blog. I’ll see if I can find you a deal even if it’s not with my affiliates (crazy, right?).
Sounds pretty simple right? My goal is to help y’all find some great deals and stay out of the chaos! Hope everyone has an awesome Thanksgiving! You can check out this post to see why I’m thankful, grateful, and blessed this Thanksgiving.
Pin it for later!
Super easy to mix up and lighter than regular pecan pie.
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup oatmeal, uncooked
- 2/3 cup maple flavored syrup
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 (9") deep dish pie shell
- Mix all ingredients (except pie shell) in large bowl until well combine.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes at 350° F until center is set and crust is brown.