Merry Christmas Eve, eve y’all! Are all your presents wrapped waiting under the tree for Christmas morning? Not mine! I still have some to finish before I can wrap them. Where did all the time go? I have a plan every year and it never fails that I wind up at the store on Christmas Eve picking up last minute items! Does this happen to any of y’all? Today’s post is about wrapping up this year and preparing for the new year. Honestly – where DID all the time go?!?
The new year is right around the corner, so a new calendar is a must. I keep a calendar in almost every room of my house! Hey, I need to know what’s going on no matter where I’m at. 🙂 The picture above is my “inspiration board” in my office. It needs some sprucing up, so you’ll be seeing more of it soon! Here’s some great links to printable calendars that are sure to help you start your year off right.
- Free Printable 2017 Desktop calendar at my fabuless life ~ There are 3 different versions to choose from and one is customizable! Print it out on card stock and use it in a small frame or mini easel. I used the botanical version as part of a Christmas gift, but I’ll have to tell you about it after Christmas!
- Free Printable 2017 large calendar at Elegance and Enchantment ~ This calendar is 8.5 x 11 landscape and even has a place for notes. I’ve always loved her printables! When you sign up for her email, you also get an inspirational quote to print out every Monday!
- 52 Week Organized House Challenge from Home Storage Solutions 101 ~ I mentioned this calendar in my planning ahead post. I’ve already signed up for this year, so join me in my journey to tame the chaos!
QAL and CAL 2017
This past year I signed up for way too many quilt alongs and crochet alongs! They were just all so tempting! I’m trying to be more realistic this year, but we’ll see how it goes. 🙂 Here’s a few on my list all ready:
- Murder Mystery Quilt from Whipstitch ~ I signed up for this in 2016 and it is a really fun way to make a quilt and read a book one month at a time! I’ve got to finish up 2016 next week, but I’m definitely signing up for 2017!
- The Ultimate Sampler Quilt – Kathry Kerr’s 365 Challenge ~ I really tried to keep up with this one! I lost track sometime during the summer. She’s doing it again in 2017 and most of the blocks are the same. That means I’m ahead of the game! Yay!
- Moogly CAL 2017 from Moogly Blog ~ This is a really fun way to learn new stitches and have a new blanket at the end of the year. I only got a few squares done this year, which I’m planning on turning into tote bags.
That’s all I’m going to commit to at this moment! I’ll be finishing up the ones from 2016 next week and posting pictures later. You can follow my board QAL’s, BOM’s, and CAL’s on Pinterest to see what else I might add!
Year End Deals
The end of the year usually brings some of the best deals because everyone’s making room for the new year. Here are a few you might be interested in.
Need a last minute gift that you don’t have to leave the house for? Well head over to Craftsy because ALL Craftsy classes are under $20 through 12/26!! These classes are perfect for anyone that likes to learn new things! They have classes for sewing, crocheting, cooking, baking, photography, etc. You’re sure to find something for everyone!
Cents of Style ~
Season Ending Blowout over at Cents of Style!! Now that you’ve filled everyone else’s Christmas list it’s time to start on yours! They’ve got everything from scarves to boots to jackets, so don’t miss out!
Use the code STOCKUP1 and it will take 50% off the lowest marked price, + FREE SHIPPING, in the cart! The code is valid 12/23 through 12/25!
You can get this Aztec Tassel Scarf for $9.98!
When I started this blog, I had no idea where it might lead. I didn’t know if I would like it or if it would be well received. Although it hasn’t grown in the leaps and bounds I had hoped, I really enjoy doing it!
This coming year I have big plans for new posts. You can expect to see more DIY, recipes, and sewing tips. Here’s just a few ideas I have rolling around in my scrambled brain:
- Once a month organizing post – Since I’m following the 52 Week Organized House Challenge, I thought I’d share my progress and how I tackled the challenges for the month.
- Monthly me-made clothing – I want to build my me-made wardrobe and I’d like to share it!
- Meal plans – Not sure if it will be weekly or monthly, or even happen! Just an idea!
- Gardening – If you read my very first post, I talked about my garden. It can no longer be called a garden, but I want to change that! I think having regular posts about it will encourage me to get off my butt!
These are just some things I’m thinking about looking toward the new year. If you have any suggestions about what you would like to see, please feel free to let me know in the comments below!
Finally, I’m taking next week off! There will be no new blog posts until Monday, January 2nd. I’ll be spending the time finishing CAL’s & QAL’s, working on projects for the blog, and preparing for the new year. You can follow me on social media for sneak peeks into what’s going on behind the scenes.
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! See y’all again in 2017!