Ya’ll it’s H-O-T here in South GA! The kind of humid, yucky hot that will take your breath away as soon as you walk out the door. What better way to cool off than with an ice cold smoothie!
Full of peaches, cantaloupe, and blueberries (picked from my wanna be garden)!
Throw in a banana, a few stray blackberries, and some greek yogurt for added deliciousness! This is a tasty treat you can feel good about drinking. Just check out the links in the ingredients list for more health benefit information.
- 2 cup peaches, frozen
- 2 cup cantaloupe, frozen
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt, plain or vanilla
- 1/2 cup blueberries/blackberries, frozen
- Add peaches, cantaloupe, banana, and greek yogurt to blender and puree until smooth.
- Divide mixture among 2-4 glasses.
- Add berries and water to blender and puree until smooth. This is only necessary if you want to have the swirled effect. Otherwise add berries in with other ingredients.
- Divide blueberry mixture among glasses.
- Take a straw and swirl it around the inside edge for gradient effect.
- Drink up! Not too fast, you don't want a brain freeze!
Please note: I used frozen fruit for my ingredients (except the banana). If you use fresh fruit, you will need to add ice to achieve maximum frostiness!
This is so delicious! It reminds me of a cream-sicle pop all grown up! Hopefully this will help cool you off! Just so you know, the weather man says to expect rain tonight, followed by a “cold front” (laugh!) this weekend. I’ll just wait and see how “cold” this front actually is!
Happy (early) Father’s Day to all the Dad’s out there!
See ya’ll next time!