This is a weekly health journal about my journey to find peace with my health & body. I will add to this page for every week in the month listed. This month hold’s the last week of March, since that’s when I started. A new page will be added when a new month rolls around. Questions & comments are welcome, but please be kind!
Week of April 21st to April 27th ~>
The past couple of weeks have been a little rough for me. I started experiencing pains in my joints & muscles, especially from the hips down. When I did the least little thing, I felt like I had run a marathon or did some new intense weight lifting/cardio routine. This made it very difficult to focus on anything but what I absolutely had to do.
The Monday of the 17th (which was my son’s birthday) we got some bad breakfast that morning & wound up in the restroom for the rest of the day. I even had to call in for a sub for my class, which I haven’t done in almost 4 years. That just added to the problems I was already experiencing.
This week I went for blood work on Tuesday – 3 vials worth – to try to figure out what’s going on with my body. By that afternoon I had a full blown cold & congested head. Yay. Not to mention I had just dealt with the whole washing machine fiasco over the weekend.
I’m finally feeling better from my cold, but still experiencing the aches & pains of a lady much older than I. I’ll be visiting the doctor on Tuesday & hopefully she’ll have some answers for me. Until then, I’m just trying to keep my head above water! Hopefully I’ll make better progress next week.
Remember, I’m just trying to be as healthy as I can be so I can live life to my fullest potential.
Y’all have a great weekend & go make something!
Week of March 31st to April 6th~>
These were my goals for this week:
- Eat something green everyday
- Move everyday
- Take time to center my day
I did fairly well on eating something green everyday. Here’s a little food collage with dates:
The only day I didn’t eat something green was Sunday. Tuesday I had a veggie omelette with spinach, Wednesday I had the same thing as Monday, & Thursday I had a burrito with lettuce & avocado. I really like green foods, it just seems like I don’t reach for them as often as I should! This will be a continued goal!
I definitely moved more this past week! I’ve been cleaning up things in the yard & walking the dogs more often. Since I work on the computer a lot, I try to remember to take a break for awhile & do something more active.
Taking time to center my day only happened once this week! It was really worth it to take time to do that because I felt like I accomplished more that day. I joined #the100dayproject on Instagram to make sure I take time to be creative everyday. Not just for the blog or someone else, but just 10-15 minutes of free form creativity. You can find my project under #100daysofteadoddles if you want to have a look!
Overall, I feel I’ve made progress on my journey to a healthier me. It may not be visible to anyone else, but I can feel it internally, which is what’s most important to me!
My Goals for This Week:
- Stop Negative Nancy dialogue ~> Does anyone else chastise themselves for not being their version of perfect? I want to stop going over “what if’s” in my head & focus more on what I did accomplish. No one’s harder on me than me!
- More veggies ~> I’m going to keep making sure I eat plenty of fruits & veggies everyday. The green ones are great, but I need more variety!
- Yoga mornings ~> I used to do a morning yoga routine regularly. I want to get back to doing that because I need to stretch out!
Week of March 24th to March 30th ~>
This week I wanted to work on consuming more water and being more mindful of what I’m putting in my body! My goal was to drink only water & coffee. The coffee is something I will not give up unless it proves to be detrimental to my health. 😉 I definitely drank more water this week! That also meant I was a frequent visitor to the bathroom – even in the middle of the night!
As far as eating goes, I was more mindful. It didn’t always stop me from eating something I shouldn’t have. I made sure to stock up on healthier options for snacking, so I would have good choices to choose from. This didn’t stop me from making a dessert (as y’all saw!) in the middle of the week. I also ate a Hardees Thursday night with my son and had a coke to drink.
I’m not looking for to eliminate certain foods from my diet during this journey. I’m looking to consume more healthy things versus unhealthy ones. Everything in moderation! I don’t have a goal weight in mind, I just want to find peace with my food & body. This journal is here as a record for myself & to help others see that we are all trying our best. Don’t compare yourself to others – you are one of a kind!
My Goals for This Week:
- Eat something green everyday ~> Green stuff is full of good things & now I will be too! Hee! Hee!
- Move everyday ~> I find exercise routines tedious & boring! I want to move more, but make it fun or worth my time. For example, pushing my manual lawn mower everyday gets me moving, but I also have a better looking yard!
- Take time to center my day ~> For me that means getting up at a decent time & seeing what needs to be done. Taking a moment to remind myself of what I want to accomplish & how to get there!