I feel like I left out some things in my fall favorites post. Really important things like – fabric, yarn, thread, etc.! There’s always new fabrics to look at when the seasons change & if you don’t collect them, they will be gone. That’s the best reason I know to collect them all – tee hee! I’m thinking this needs to be a regular post, so I’m naming this “Fabric & Fiber Favorites #1”. Then if I decide to do another I can continue with the numerical sequence. Chances are I will do more because who doesn’t like looking at fabric & fiber pretties?!? ; )
~>~> Today is the last day to get the Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle, so don’t miss it! <~<~
I caught this Sundrops Jolly Bar on sale at the Fat Quarter Shop & it even came with a little quilt pattern. I love the colors & patterns & I think if I paired it with a darker background it would be awesome for fall!
I’ve been looking around for fabric to do the I Wish You a Merry Quilt Along blocks & found this Nordic Stitches Charm Pack. Sometimes when I’m not completely sure about a fabric set, I’ll buy a charm pack. Then I’ll still have a little fabric even if I decide it’s not the one for my project! Lucky for me they have a whole Nordic Stitches Collection that even includes yardage because I love it & will need more to finish my quilt. ; )
The Basically Wide in Grey fabric came from Needle & Foot Fine Fabrics. I saw a quilt she made using this fabric in one of her blog posts & commented how it was a good contender for my Christmas quilt. Much to my surprise, she mailed me a very nice, hand written note card with a fabric sample in it! I decided it was perfect & ordered a yard, which was plenty since this fabric is 108″ wide!
Here’s some other goodies on my wishlist at the Fat Quarter Shop ~>
- Shimmer on Essex Coordinates Fat Quarter Bundle by Jennifer Sampou for Robert Kaufman Fabrics ~ This is 55% linen & 45% cotton with a metallic thread throughout. One of those denim colors would be perfect to go with my jolly bar fabric I mentioned above! : D
- Plaid for the Holidays Fat Quarter Bundle by Jennifer Pugh for Wilmington Prints ~ There’s a panel included in this bundle & I it would be great as a quilt or for Christmas decor.
- Colors of Fall Fat Quarter Bundle by Stephanie Marrott for Wilmington Prints ~ This one has a panel too & it could easily be made into a sign for the wall.
- new Aurifil thread colors ~ With names like dark antique gold, mulberry, ocher yellow & dusty rose these are perfect for fall projects & beyond. There’s even two new floss colors – light chestnut & stainless steel.
I got a great deal during one of Craftsy’s sales on this Free Spirit Stongington Precut by Denyse Schmidt. It’s just perfect for the Grandma’s Kitchen Sew Along from Pat Sloan. This fabric reminds me more of my Memaw Teadoddles than anything else I’ve seen. The name “Free Spirit” is appropriate as well!
Here’s just a couple of things in my favorites on Craftsy ~>
- Carleton Cocoon Sweater Crochet Kit ~ You get the whole kit for less than $20! I’m digging the ribbed cuffs & either grass or misty purple for the color. There are 24 colors to choose from!
- Nordic Christmas Tree cross stitch pattern ~ This would be great to do for ornaments or as a square in my Christmas quilt.
When I ordered fabric for the back of a baby quilt order, some other fabrics snuck into my cart! I’ll share the finished baby quilt Friday for my monthly roundup, but you get to see the other fabrics now.
- Alison Glass, Adorn, Silhouette Double Border Lawn in Charcoal ~ I finally found the center fabric for my Down the Rabbit Hole quilt! I’ll share a better look Friday, so stay tuned.
- Katarina Roccella, Blithe, Bird Songs in Moon ~ This is a voile fabric and there was only 1/2 yard left so it was on clearance. Unfortunately my cut only has the top half of two white owls, which is why I wanted it, so boo! It’s still a gorgeous fabric & there’s always the cotton fat quarter bundle! : D
- Dear Stella House Designer, Timberland, Wood Floral in Mocha
- Dear Stella House Designer, Enchanted, Antlers in Cream ~ 3 & 4 were both deals because there was less than a yard left. I did spot #4 in Needle & Foot’s Etsy shop & #3 here – just in case I need a little more!
Hawthorne Threads has their own line of fabrics as well & these two are perfect for upcoming holidays!
I was perusing Michaels’ newest yarns & spotted these Caron Big Cakes Yarn. I’ve been seeing projects made with these all over social media & they look amazing! The Honey Glazed & Blue Macaroon are my favorites, but they all look awesome!
Jumbo chunky yarn is everywhere too & this Chunky Luxe Yarn by Loops & Threads looks like a good choice for me. Most of the ones I’ve seen are merino wool which can make me very itchy & that’s no fun! This one is all acrylic & I’m loving the Moss & Navy colors.
I recently purchased this Hometown Yarn by Lion Brand at my local Walmart. Yarn from there always looks like it’s been riding around in my yarn bag for months! The colors were perfect for fall, so I snagged some to work out some patterns rolling around in my brain. ; )
I’ve never made much for Halloween except costumes, but I’m determined to make something with this Come Sit a Spell charm pack. I found a fabric bundle on Etsy that includes fat quarters, a panel, & an apron panel to match this! Yay! : D
I’m also loving this Halloween amigurumi crochet pattern set by lalylala. There are sets for all the seasons & all of her crochet patterns are adorable!
I’ve got one more thing that y’all need to check out – Monique’s newest ornament pattern for the Merry Christmas Sew-Along! It’s so cute & I can’t wait to stitch it up!
Was that enough fabric & fiber for your Monday? I know, there can never be enough! ; D